Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spell cheque

As my sister has pointed out in my last entry,I can't spell. Being a teacher (or soon to be teacher) one would think that this is a bad thing. On the contrary, I use it to my advantage. If I mistakenly misspell something in class, and am corrected by a student; the first thing I say is "Prove it." Once they show me the correct spelling, I simply give them extra credit for catching the error, and give a little speech on how I did it on purpose to see if they were paying attention. Then they begin to "proof read" all my work for the rest of the year. If I have to hand out extra credit to those students who are paying attention, they probably deserve it. I am a product of public education. This will be something that my students will be proud to say. I am proud to say that the class that I am student teaching has yet to catch me proving only one thing... Yes! I am smarter than a fifth grader.

No comments:

Post a Comment